100% full Not resolved

Earlier this year, our family purchased just a little over $3100 worth of SONY products; including a top-of-the-line 65” SONY 4K UHDTV. SONY was the pioneer of 4K technology as early as 2004, releasing the first 4K home theatres in 2012, and is one of the leading studios of UHDTV content. So, as a consumer, we thought we were making a sound choice. Oh, how wrong we were!

On July 8th, we completed a SONY TV software upgrade through our Wi-Fi. (One of the hazards of keep up with technology, constant software upgrades.)

On the afternoon of July 10th, we turned on our TV to find the following error message; “Unfortunately, TvDotAction has stopped working.” (See enclosed photo.) The error message renders the TV useless as it cannot be cleared or by-passed to access menus or functions. We attempted to clear the error ourselves with no success. We contacted SONY Customer Support and were subjected to a myriad of troubleshooting drills, again with no success at clearing the error. At that time, SONY advised that they would “elevate” this matter to their “higher-level” support, and that we would be contacted within 24/48 hours.

On July 12th, (48 hours later) we contacted SONY again. At that time we were again informed that the matter would be elevated to a higher level. We expressed mild dissatisfaction, having waited the required period and not received so much as a phone call from SONY. The support person (Kate) apologized and said that she would mark our file as “critical” and asked that we wait another 24 hours.

On July 14th, having now waited an additional 48 hours and again not receiving so much as a phone call from SONY, we contacted them. We again spoke with Kate who asked us to wait an additional 48 hours. We asked to be put through to a Manager or Supervisor, and were instead transferred to Kim in Customer Relations. Kim, while very apologetic, advised us that someone from SONY would be in touch with us by Monday, July 18th. We expressed our complete dissatisfaction with the way this matter is being handled and asked to speak with a Manager, Director, Supervisor or someone who makes command level decisions at SONY. Kim was nice enough to inform us that; “Executives at SONY do not take phone calls from customers.” What company does not take phone calls from its customers?!?

My wife drives a Mercedes and we have Miele appliances in our kitchen. When we call to report a problem, our concerns are addressed immediately and usually repaired within a few days. We have never been told by either company that “Executives don’t take calls from customers.” If anything, both companies welcome consumer feedback and use it improve their services. SONY could learn a thing or two from German engineering and customer relations!!!

Canadian consumers should be advised of SONY Canada’s deplorable customer and technical support service before purchasing any SONY products.

I didn't like: Deplorable support and service, Consumer support, Customer service, Technical support.

Had an Experience with Sony Canada?

Comments

Stittsville, Ontario, Canada #1239655

Hi, i too have recently started getting these error messages, and they started as soon as we did the latest updates. This sucks..hope they can resolve this problem.